ElasticBox brings you public boxes, a knowledge repository of sample deployments for popular application stacks. Public boxes are now freely available to all. Explore simplified automation and deploy in minutes without writing code.
As a DevOps or operations engineer, you often get code thrown at you last minute to make it work in staging or production. Not enough thought is given to operational considerations like storage, access control, backups, networking, high availability, maintenance, security, and other aspects. Testing in a development environment is one thing, but a totally different ball game when it comes to production. One way to resolve this disparity is to provide engineering teams a ready-made deployment catalog with matching infrastructure deployment policies with which they can self-service one-click environments to push code to development, staging, as well as production.
Public boxes enable you to give developers the freedom to innovate while you ensure that deployments follow company approved practices and budgeting guidelines as well as operational best practices.
What’s the benefit of Public Boxes? Simplifying deployments.
At the core of any automated deployment are scripts that make the magic happen behind the curtain. This magic can range anywhere from connecting to a GitHub repo to pull down your app code to dynamically generating a password to connect securely to the database to establishing inter-service connectivity through virtual private networks.
To create this magic, of course, you write deployment scripts. The nature of these scripts depends on the type of technology stack and variables in your deployment scenario. Our mission is to percolate that knowledge in a deployment automation repository and make deployments as easy as one click away.
Deployments should be as simple as taking a ready-made template and customizing it for your specific use. Why write scripts from scratch when you can modify a few variables or lines in a script to custom-fit your deployment use-case?
That’s why we hope you’ll give public boxes a try. Public boxes are sample deployment stacks for popular applications like MongoDB, WordPress, RabbitMQ, Nginx, Couchbase, Ruby, Redis, and more. They benefit cloud applications and IT operations in many ways:
- Custom-fit your deployments using sample reference deployment scripts.
- Share best practices to configure applications or microservice components in any command language like Bash, PowerShell, Puppet manifests, Chef recipes, or Dockerfiles.
- Support container or VM application deployments by using ElasticBox to orchestrate auto-provisioning and lifecycle management across development, staging, and production.
- Make successful deploys predictable through reuse. Engineering and operations teams can reuse the same stack to push code in development, staging, and production environments.
- Speed up deployments in one click on any cloud. After you connect a cloud service through ElasticBox, you’re able to deploy your technology stacks on-demand in the environment you choose.
- Integrate deployment-as-a-service with your suite of automation tools using the ElasticBox API, CLI, or the friendly graphical interface.
So go ahead and make the FREE public box service catalog available to your engineering teams for on-demand deployments in any cloud. Here’s a full list of all the public boxes available to you for FREE.
Public boxes are your all-in-one destination for automating the lifecycle of the most common technology stacks. Launch them in your cloud without writing additional code. To get started, explore the catalog and quick starts.
- Deploy a WordPress blog with Chef
- Set up an Elasticsearch cluster with Logstash and Kibana
- Deploy a standalone MongoDB server
- Set up continuous deployments with Jenkins server and ElasticBox
Deployments are better when Dev and Ops work together. Here at ElasticBox, we empower IT Ops to bridge the gap in a transparent and collaborative way of automating application deploys. Simplify deployments and make DevOps a reality with the all-in-one destination for building automation and deploying applications: Public Boxes. Begin your one-click deployment now.